Looking for fun stuff to do after you’ve organized, cleaned up, moved, and/or put your things in the storage warehouses ?
Enjoy some of the fun summertime things to do around Waxhaw! Here’s a list of our favorites:
- Friday Night Music under Waxhaw’s Water Tank downtown! The town of Waxhaw calls the music series ‘Jammin By the Tracks’. Check out the Friday night music schedule for live music downtown at this link: http://nc-waxhaw.civicplus.com/DocumentCenter/View/949
- Grab a cone of ice cream from the Waxhaw Creamery and sit on a bench at Barnes Park. Enjoy the summer breeze under the many trees in the park while the kids play. This is a great place for people watching!
- Pan for Gold at the Museum of the Waxhaws. Learn how to find gold and learn about gold history in this area at the Museum of the Waxhaws’ Gold Panning area! Kids love it. For the younger kids, gem mining is also offered. Find out more here: www.waxhawgoldpanning.com
- Enjoy a day at Cane Creek Park. Camping, paddle boats, miniature golf and a really neat lakeside beach are all at Cane Creek Park. Check out the nice picnic shelters which you can rent for summer parties, an amphitheater, and all kinds of trails! Cane Creek is a Waxhaw area summertime destination.
- Watch for the Train! Train watching is becoming a popular thing to do around town. Folks get so excited when they ‘feel the rumble’ coming down the tracks. Run up on the old bridge in downtown Waxhaw and experience the ultimate train-lover’s connection. The sights, sounds and smells of the train coming through are part of the locals’ childhood memories of growing up in this small town. Make train-chasing part of your kids’ good times in Waxhaw. You’ll see families posing for portraits and all kinds of people lined up just to wave at the train engineer. Grab an ice cream cone and enjoy the excitement.