At Patterson’s Self Storage, a mini warehouse storage facility in Waxhaw NC, we are here to help make your transition an easy one!
Moving to the Waxhaw area? We have some moving and packing tips for you. Tips for moving and storage: (some of these tips were found on the United Van Lines website)
1. Find the right local mini warehouse storage facility in the Waxhaw area. At Patterson’s Self Storage, we offer the best security and safety possible. Assess your needs. If you need climate controlled mini warehouse storage, we have it! If you need to store your boat, sport vehicles and/or RV, call us.
2. Have a two month moving checklist. Moving doesn’t have to be a hassle! One of United’s goals as your moving services provider is to make the moving process as stress-free as possible, and in that spirit we are pleased to offer you this handy moving planner.
3. Have the right moving boxes and supplies. Small boxes are ideal for heavy or fragile items that must be packed on their own to ensure ease of handling.
4. Have a ‘New Home Move In’ checklist. Moving into a new home involves much more than just relocating your belongings. You need to re-establish your local support system, set up new accounts and notify government agencies of your new address. In the Waxhaw and Union County communities, the people are so friendly and helpful. Look at local facebook pages and the Waxhaw.com website to see what’s going on in your new community.
5. Make saying ‘Goodbye’ easier! Letting go can be so hard to do. It can actually be gut-wrenching. Create a Pinterest board with great ideas and things about your new community. Daydream about all the great new things you’ll do. Imagine decorating your new home. Get creative and think positive thoughts. Take a video of the kids talking about their favorite part of your old home to preserve memories, then focus on your new start.
6. Haul the basics first. Before the moving truck comes, take basic supplies over the day before. Go ahead and unpack necessities and bathroom supplies, even pajamas. Set up the beds first and put sheets on them so you’re sleep and basic routines are not interrupted during the moving process.
7. Time to clean out, scale back and simplify! Store the things you don’t use as much and the things you want to just save for later. Now’s the time to declutter and simplify your life. Can’t let go? Call Patterson’s Self storage. Our mini warehouse facility has climate controlled and non-climate controlled units and we can also store your boat and other vehicles if your new neighborhood’s HOA’s don’t allow them to be kept on your property.
8. Look at your new local resources. There’s no better way to discover the neat things about your new community than to walk the surroundings. Meet your neighbors, network with people, and discover local businesses and friendly connections that can help you adjust. You might just find your next doctor, handyman, or babysitter among the friendly folks you meet.